Re: compaq

>    Mark> Having problems getting Linux installed and working on a
>    Mark> Compaq LTE 5100.
>
>Compaqs have problems, somebody sent me a BIOS munging program that
>helps he said.  Will send it to you under separate cover later.

Yes, in most recent eigo PC Magazine, the fixes section pointed to an
upgrade file for either the 5000 or 5100 model, can look up details in the
office tomorrow.

I've got a T1900 very old mono 486-20 notebook, mainly used for email on the
road, that has a flickering display, anyone know if it's worth trying to
fix?  It's way past warranty, I just hate to dump it, since I've thrown a
memory upgrade and big disk in it.  Any english speaking Toshiba warranty
places that won't balk at a Toshiba America model? ;)

Thanks,

Ted