Re: Various Kterm and kon problems ...

    Shigeru> Also kterm normally starts up in a very tiny font (at
    Shigeru> least on 1024x768), I tried to change to larger fonts but
    Shigeru> somehow the kanji and roman fonts never quite match (in
    Shigeru> terms of size).

It occurs to me that if you're setting fonts by hand you may be
falling afoul of the restriction in kterm that zenkaku fonts are
expected to be exactly twice the width of the hankaku fonts.  Since
point size refers to the *height* of the character and the aspect
ratios are variable, I'd guess this is your problem.  It's best to use
square kanji fonts (eg 14x14) and rectangular hankaku fonts (eg 7x14).
Most kanji fonts are square, but many hankaku fonts, especially roman,
are not.  Use 7x14 or 8x16 or rk8x16 etc.

Of course, you cannot use proportional roman fonts.

I'm not sure if kterm depends on kanji fonts being square.  I think
not, but I'm not sure.