Re:

We have a couple of ATI PCI Mach 64 boards, and there were a lot of warnings
and patches for the Win x/ 95 / NT OS's on the net, may want to check.
Also, unshadow video bios if you can, and see if that resolves problem.

I hope you're not currently buying up EISA products.  If you are, I'd
recommend you consider PCI ...