re: Changes to TLUG Home Page

Form: Reply
Header: Adaptec
Text: (6 lines follow)
Craig,
  Here's the type of links you want for max # of hits (when you're ready of
course...)

http://www.got.net/~egallant/the_road.html

Original text: (33 lines follow)
To: tlug@example.com

On 27 Mar 1996 TMatsumu@example.com wrote:

> Next, 100's of hits are nothing, you need to add some stuff, then submit
the
> page to Submit IT! which submits it to lycos, webcrawler, yahoo and the
> like.  I recommend you do a tokyo version of the highway 17 page du jour
;)

Ummmm, but I don't want to get even get 100's of hits a day.  The
page was so old that it was and still is embarrassing.   Information
is out of date and it commits that greatest of Linux sins,,,, it is
*not* cool.    :-(        However, since the sucker evidently ended
up on some site somewhere, I felt compelled to at least get it
up to date and have this nagging urge to make it cool.

Toward this pursuit of coolness, I have decided to move the page out
of my directory to a top level TWICS directory and create a way
for a TLUG-webmaster to update the page even though they are not
on the TWICS system.  This will take a few days, but for those
that wish to be cool with Linux, start planning to lower the temp
of the TLUG home page this spring.

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

Previous From: owner-tlug@example.com
Previous To: tlug@example.com