ISDN uses for Linux [was something unrelated ;-) ]

On 26 Mar 1996 TMatsumu@example.com wrote:

> You once said Twics is 256K, so to me, that sounds like you and one other
> graphics intensive user can be-on line, and your dialup customers are SOL ?
>
> No?  Doshite?

That must have been a while ago.  We've upgraded.   :-)   Connection
is pretty fast now.

Anyway, I mainly want to run stuff off of our intranet (local LAN), not the
Internet.  The stuff on the intranet is connected by 10base2 so the
limiting factor is the bandwidth from the office to my computer.
The procesor on my desk in the office is considerably faster than
the one I have at home, so I was thinking of processing stuff
on my desk and displaying the stuff at home through an X-Server.
For example, compiling those darn java apps would be much faster.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096