Re: Installing LINUX

>    3.I am using a Japanese keyboard (standard 106 key layout). Which
>    is the correct mapping file?
>
> Memorize the US keyboard mapping, then ignore the !@#$% 106-key
> Japanese layout with all those useless extra keys and missing ASCII
> keys.  :-)
>
> That's what I do, but I don't really recommend it in general.  It *is*
> possible and relatively convenient if your mind and fingers work that
> way.

Another trick is to look at an English keyboard and place stickers
over the Japanese keyboard with the English keys.  There are 8 full keys
and 5 half keys that you have to redo.  If you are a touch typist.  It
is not worth it to learn the Japanese keyboard setting as it will
reduce your typing speed a lot.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096