Re: Installing LINUX

In article <199602171322.WAA00233@example.com>,
 Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

>Configuring Adaptec at IO:334 IRQ 9 DMA priority 6
>No BIOS32 extensions present. This release still depends on it. Sorry.
>
>Is this an error? I installed on the SCSI drive, so it must be able to use
>my Adaptec SCSI card okay.

I looked through the sources for 1.2.13 (which I suspect is the kernel
version you were booting) and it appears this apology comes from the
EATA SCSI controller code (DPT, NEC, ATT, and Olivetti host adapters).
You can safely ignore the message.

It will go away when you rebuild the kernel and include only the host
adapter support you need.