re: Linux, Win 95, and Netscape Problems

TLUG,

     Tons of thanks for the kind and helpful advices and lots of apo-
logies for not reading the Red Hat Linux FAQ. ( Yep, I'm turning beet
red right now of embarassment. )

> Did you install DoubleSpace (on the fly compression)?  It will claim
> to give you about 2X as much space as you *really* have.  If not, it
> is not normal.  I have Win95, WinNT, and Linux on my machine.  They
> all coexist without problems.  (Although I'm no longer using NTFS,
> so I can't check if the Linux HPFS support has the NTFS extensions.)

     I didn't install any "DoubleSpace" stuff as far as I know. Is it
included in Win 95 CD and automatically installed? And what is a "fly
compression?"

     Since Jim has Win 95, Win NT, and Linux happily coexisting on
one machine ( equivalent to a SINGLE hard drive, I hope ), I'm assured
now that I can have a solution to my problem without dishing out some
precious yen like buying the System Commander.

     Just one question, Jim. Did you have an upgrade version of Win 95
and installed it over an existing Win 3.1 and Linux combo, OR did you
install the full-blown version of Win 95? I know the former has no
problem after reading the linux Win95+Linux mini-HOWTO.

> You might try using fdisk under both DOS and Linux (or cfdisk under
> Linux) to see if the partition maps agree.

     I'll do that. Thanks. I didn't know there's also an fdisk in DOS.
It goes to show my low level of computer knowledge. :-) Sorry.

> 1. After partitioning my Disk for Linux , I noticed
>   that Dos/Windows was still saying it had a 1GB Disk
>   My friend and I were arguing over this so we came up
>   with a simple solution , buy another Disk ;->>

     I wish I could also have that option Leo. But my Linux box is
an office property and we have no more budget for additional drive.
Besides, Linux still doesn't have that "status" here in my office to
warrant luxury purchases. Not yet at this moment, anyway. That's
why I have to install Lose 95 ... as Steve fondly calls the OS.
:-)

     Anyway, guys, I'll investigate more on fdisk both in DOS and
Linux. And then after that, I'll tackle with the Netscape problem.
I'll keep you up-to-date with my progress.

     Again, thanks a LOT!!!

Cheers,
George

P.S.

     To Ted: Thanks for sending your e-mail on my new address.
Waza waza arigatou.

$@%8%g!<%8(J $@%@!<%Q%H(J      George M. Dapat II
$@%=%K!<(J($@example.com(J)             Sony Corporation
$@example.com!&5;=Q>pJs%7%9%F%`ItLg(J(MEIS)