Re: Successful Japanese Printing

    Craig> Stephen, you are right about PostScript Level 3.  I quickly
    Craig> glassed at the header and saw:

    Craig> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
    Craig> %%Title: Microsoft Word - WIN95PPP.DOC

This is a version number, but what the version number means I don't
know.

    Craig> Which made me think that it was PostScript Level 3, but the
    Craig> second to the last line indicates that the LanguageLevel is
    Craig> 2.

Could you send error messages and a document that I can test?  I
suspect that GS 2.4.1 (which is what the Japanese version is based on)
does not understand PS *Level* 2.  I don't think that the Adobe
version number should affect GS.  GS 2.4.1 may not even know about
language levels.

    Craig> Of course, this doesn't help me that much because I can't
    Craig> use this PS-Adobe-3.0 thing with the version of gs I have.

    Craig> I looked at a doc I wrote in LaTeX 2.09 and dvips and it
    Craig> shows the following at the top:

    Craig> !PS-Adobe-2.0
    Craig> %%Creator: dvipsk 5.58a Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software

Yep, been there, done that.  :-)

Guess this makes it pretty urgent that I get the 3.51 + Wadalab stuff
done.  I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Steve

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi