RE: Java Resources

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Craig> I don't know about all this talk about Internet terminals,
>     Craig> but IMHO people will want more speed.  The java apps are
>     Craig> taking forever to compile on my current box.
>
> How long do they take to load and run?  You won't be compiling them on
> an internet terminal, you'll be compiling them on a Pentium 200 and
> transmitting them to INet boxes which only need to load and run
> them....

Well, the applets must be processed by Netscape or I guess on the
Internet terminals, there is some type of browser built into
firmware with special graphics chips.  However, on a multi-purpose
486 33mhz it takes about 20 seconds to load an applet with
a few functions and I have not built anything complex yet.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096