Re: Java Dev Applications

 Nice to see you ! My name is Kei ( pronounced like "Kay" ) Kimura.

> Does the JDK on Linux support applications?  I have been able to
> compile and use applets, but the applications look more interesting.
>
> I've read the HOWTO and it says that you need Netscape.  Is this
> true for applications as well?  I can compile the application, but
> I cannot run it with the java translater.

 Actually, I have never been used the JDK on Linux, only on Windows95.
So it might be nonsence answer. But usally, you don't need Netscape
for your APPLICATION. Only if you use java APPLET, you need browser
that support JAVA 1.0beta, Netscape 2.0beta3 or later are only
ones that support it nowadays, maybe.

 But if you have local applets ( "*.class" files in your local disk )
and HTML files ( "*.html" files that use applets ), and you want to SEE
how these applets work, you can see them with appletviewer, JDK contains it.

 By the way, what version of JDK do you use ?
Latest one is JDK1.0( not beta ). Appletviewer became wiser than beta's.
Maybe you can get Linux's in a few weeks.

#if YOU_ARE_MY_FRIEND
    きむらけい(Kei Kimura)    TEL:         ないしょ            ((""
                              MAIL:        kkimura@example.com    o o
                              PERSONALITY: OS-mania          oOO ‾ oOo
#else
    Kei Kimura      Toshiba Information Systems, Japan
                    2-1, Nisshinn-cho, Kawasaki Ward, Kawasaki City, Japan
                                                             Zip  210
          TEL:  81-044-246-8541      FAX:  81-044-246-8135
                    E-mail: kkimura@example.com
#endif