Re: tlug-digest V1 #98

 > From: schweiz@example.com (Jim Schweizer)
 > Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:41:29 +1300
 > Subject: linux

 > Where does one get the patch to remap the keyboard to Japanese (what's it
 > called?), and is there a file somewhere that tells you the name of each
 > program and what it does? I can't seem to find the TCP/IP dial up PPP
 > connection program.

1) Look in the JE package for a japanese keyboard (106 keys) map to be used
   with the loadkeys package. Then you can create a new key table that goes
   in the kernel 'loadkeys --mktable > linux/drivers/char/keyboard.map'. If
   you don't want to recompile the kernel, add the 'loadkeys' command in
   your rc.local

2) descriptions of each package are logged in /var/adm/installed/packages
   or somewhere close (sorry, I'm running Win95 now and would have to reboot
   the machine to get Linux; BTW does anybody know if the installable drive
   that would enable ext2 filesystem support under Win95 was ever developed?)

3) the dial-up PPP connection program is 'chat'

4) to hold a meeting, Jan 28 is a good date for me too. As for the place,
   I could ask my advisor to use the lab, the only inconvenient is that
   the university is a 30-min walk far from the nearest station, or a 20-min
   bus ride from Yokohama Station.

I don't think I will login until Jan 3, so... Happy New Year!

-tomita.

 Alberto Tomita Junior     URL=http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto

 YOKOHAMA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY             tel: +81-45-335-1451  ext. 2906
 Div. of Electrical & Computer Eng.       fax: +81-45-338-1157
 156 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku
 Yokohama 240 JAPAN                      home: +81-45-743-3680 (tel & fax)

 INTERNET: alberto@example.com             COMPUSERVE: 70410,67