Re: Next Meeting???

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> We could meet at our office in Takadanobaba.  I've got a couple of
> machines running Linux (and guerilla action could probably use
> UMSDOS to get it on more :-).  We don't have a net connection...
> in fact, we don't even have a modem usable phone line or LAN drop in
> the conference room.

I don't think a net connection is that critical.  We could probably
just showcase some stuff on the standalone machines.

> We could hit the (Y1000) Thai buffet in Ikebukuro and then come down
> to Takadanobaba...  or Spaghetti Factory in Takadanobaba... or Tonki...
> or a good Nepalese curry restaurant... or...  (You can see what I think
> is most important about our meetings. :-)

I personally like Thai food.  Although I like spaghetti and Nepalese
curry as well.  Heck, I like food.

> The 7th is fine with me.  The 28th is probably also ok, but my vision is
> a bit hazy that far into the future.

Yea, the 28th seems like a long time off in the future for me too.  ;-)

Let's get a head count for the 7th and see if we can get at least
5 people together:

 --------------------cut--------------cut------------------

  TLUG January 7th 1996 meeting
	featuring special Linux CD-ROM Christmas presents from
		that company that starts with a Y. (Yddrasil??)
			including Linux Bible, Linux Plug and Play etc.

  1) Jim Tittsler
  2) Craig Oda  (as long as TWICS system is up on that day)

Gotta run, wife said pancakes are dekita.

Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096