Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 03:57:09 GMT
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Hello Iren. >> A friend of mine in the Math department was asked by a >> Japanese visitor to help him read his data from a floppy >> he had used with a NEC >> PC (I think the format was something like 1.2). >> My friend uses Linux and wondered whether there was >> anything like a >> Japanese addition to mtools for this purpose. Probably I will dissapoint you. I am not sure about Linux, never tried, but at PC you have to put a "1" at pin 2 of floppy cable connector. the point is NEC format uses different rotational speed and different block size. Moreover, there is several NEC formats. But sometimes you can read NEC disk only by using a software driver from PC DOS.\/V or MS DOS/V. Try this. If you need, I can look for a driver. Yuri
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: kernel 1.3.40 and sockets
- Next by Date: new e-mail address
- Prev by thread: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- Next by thread: kernel 1.3.40 and sockets
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links