Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
kernel 1.3.40 and sockets
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: kernel 1.3.40 and sockets
- From: Rainer Mager <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:30:58 +0900 (JST)
- Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Hi, I just upgraded to 1.3.40 (also tried 41) and two things happened: 1. My CDROM (also Music CD's via workman) now work. In the past they would work for a bit then the whole machine would freeze big time. The only recourse was hittin' the old reset button. 2. Socket's are a bit confused. I tried my normal perl pop script to get me mail from shrine.cyber.ad.jp and it didn't work. I did some tracing and it failed at the "connect" statement in the perl script. The previous kernel I was using was 1.3.29 and it worked fine (of course the CD didn't). Anyone else see anything like this? See ya, _________________________________________________________________________ FORE Systems Japan, Inc. 3-1-4 Nishi-Shinjuku Rainer Mager - Systems Engineer Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan TEL: 81-3-3346-2781 firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: 81-3-3346-2782
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- Next by Date: Re: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- Prev by thread: Re: mtools for NEC-formatted floppy disks?
- Next by thread: new e-mail address
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links