kernel 1.3.40 and sockets

Hi,

	I just upgraded to 1.3.40 (also tried 41) and two things
happened:

1.  My CDROM (also Music CD's via workman) now work.  In the past they
would work for a bit then the whole machine would freeze big time.
The only recourse was hittin' the old reset button.

2.  Socket's are a bit confused.  I tried my normal perl pop script to
get me mail from shrine.cyber.ad.jp and it didn't work.  I did some
tracing and it failed at the "connect" statement in the perl script.
The previous kernel I was using was 1.3.29 and it worked fine (of
course the CD didn't).  Anyone else see anything like this?

	See ya,

FORE Systems Japan, Inc.			     3-1-4 Nishi-Shinjuku
Rainer Mager - Systems Engineer		     Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan
TEL:  81-3-3346-2781		rvm@example.com	     FAX:  81-3-3346-2782