Re: AUC-TeX

In article <m0sslOL-0004KaC@example.com>,
turnbull@example.com (Stephen J. Turnbull) wrote:
> respectively.  :-) For LaTeX, I cannot live without AUC-TeX (available
> by FTP from iesd.auc.dk, I think).  Cuts out about 90% of backslash
> entry.

Thanks for the pointer to AUC-Tex.  iesd.auc.dk has an empty
FTP directory, but I found it on one of the Japanese CTAN mirrors.
I had noticed that the recent update to my favorite JED editor
had an AUC-LaTeX mode, but the documentation was non-existent
beyond the comments in the SLANG file.  First glance makes it look
useful.

>     Jim> in the QWERTZ format that the linuxdoc-sgml stuff was derived
>     Jim> from.  (QWERTZ is availble in the ftp.gmd.de:/GMD/sgml
>
> I'll have to look at this.

You may be disappointed since it definitely does not expose all of
the power of LaTex.  It is a convenient step up for something started
using the Linuxdoc-SGML methodology however.

Jim