Re: tlug-digest V1 #34

In message <199509081655.BAA16503@example.com> you wrote:
 > From: jwt@example.com (Jim Tittsler)
 > Date: Fri, 08 Sep 1995 15:29:51 +0900
 > Subject: Re: NFS CD-ROM access

 > > anything special about NFS under Linux?
 >
 > Not that I've noticed.  I use it all of the time here in the office
 > and at home, especially to put CD-ROM drives on machines that don't
 > have them.  :-)
 >   mount -t nfs pengu:/cdrom /cdrom
 > with the appropriate /etc/exports permissions works.

In the september issue of Unix User there was a short note on NFS under
Linux. If I remember correctly, it recommends the options rsize=8192
and wsize=8192. These set the read/write buffer size to 8k, that is the
SunOS default, while the Linux default is 1024.

I didn't try these options yet, as I always forget to bring the magazine
from home. But I installed JE (that I had downloaded by FTP) from a NFS
partition in a Sun Sparcstation.

-tomita.