Re: [tlug] [announcement] September 14th Technical meeting

Hi Edward,

*Sorry* for the late reply -- September became quite overwhelming and
I was playing catch up for most of the month.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2024 at 11:58 AM Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> On 8/9/24 19:18, Raymond Wan wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 8, 2024 at 9:04 AM Edward Middleton
> > <edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> >> It should be possible if someone can help.  I don't think I will have
> >> time to set that up.
> >
> > If it gets recorded in the end, it would be great to get a link.  If
> > you are making slides, a copy of the slides would already be very
> > helpful.
> >
> > I have a feeling that I will need to learn more about 3D printing at
> > some point in the future.
>
> This is very much a, from nothing to building your own commercial grade
> printer kind of talk.  It will try to cover everything just not too
> deeply.  The hope is that by the end I will have either inspired you to
> get into DIY 3D printing or warned you off.
>
> I am collecting material on logseq and will probably use presentation
> mode on that unless I get a bunch more time and energy before next week.
>   There is a huge amount of really good material on 3d printing and
> specifically voron printers it just takes time pulling out the best bits.

I know nothing about the topic so a "from nothing" kind of talk would
have been perfect.  Unfortunately, at the time that the talk took
place, even if you livestreamed it, I wouldn't have been able to
watch.  I wasn't by a computer.

May I ask if it was recorded?  If not, would you have any slides or
notes to send to me, which formed the basis of your talk?  If not,
it's ok.  :-)  Just wondering!

I'm still not 100% sure if I will need to know for my work.  But just
looking for a starting point that is more than the first few hits on
Google would be great.  I really know nothing about the topic.

Thank you!

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index