Re: [tlug] Today's discovery: ugrep

> I discovered ugrep (`apt install ugrep`), which appears to be a drop-
> in replacement that takes care of that for me.

Nice... thanks for the tip. It even searches in PDF files... some day
I know I will need this :=) (and need to search for Japanese in
them as well!)

But... not packaged in the main tree for Gentoo <grumble/>. Seems odd
for a very old and powerful utility program that is on v6.5 and packaged
for just about every other OS and Linux distro...

Dave

Home | Main Index | Thread Index