Re: [tlug] micro sdhc card recovery

Dear Edward,

Once I recovered the content of a USB disk (it has an SD card inside)
using the testdisk tool on Linux. The symptom was the disk can show up
in file manager on Linux, but copying files will hang then fail. In
testdisk's file browsing and recovering mode, it copied the files out
at 10MB/s. I don't know what special mechanisms it's using but maybe
it's worth having a try?

Yimin Gu

On Fri, Sep 13, 2024 at 4:12 PM Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have trick for recovering a dead microsd card I was using in
> a raspberry pi.  When inserting the card the light on the reader flashes
> but the card is not recognized and no block devices are created.  I have
> tested the card with other working sdcards and they are recognized so I
> don't think its the reader.
>
> Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index