Re: [tlug] rsync ssh error

If I were you I would use a more secure algorithm on the server side....

Though, to put it in focus, it was deprecated because a brute-force attack can be done for $50K (2020 prices/tech):
  https://www.openssh.com/txt/release-8.2

The OP is using this ssh key for backups across their 192.168.*.* network. Is an attacker who *already has access to the LAN*, going to spend $50K on hacking your ssh key?

Not a rhetorical question; if you are a prominent politician/celebrity, and if there are other users on the LAN (*), then maybe your secrets are worth that.

Darren

*: Not forgetting that family member who boasts they happily install everything and anything on their phone, 'cos they have nothing to hide, who wants your WiFi password.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index