[tlug] rsync ssh error

For years, I've been running this script to download a comments file from my server to my local machine:

rsync -uvptl -e ssh <home>@192.81.129.86:/dicts/ddb/comments/comments.html $winD/docs/web/dicts/ddb/comments/

The other day, I upgraded from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04. Having done this, when I try to run this script, I get the following error message:

Unable to negotiate with 192.81.129.86 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]

The most common solution I found on the web was to add

-oHostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-rsa

to the line, but that doesn't help.

BTW, it's a WSL installation.

Regards,

Chuck

---------------------------
A. Charles Muller, Professor

Buddhist Culture Research Center
Musashino University
1-1-20 Shinmachi, Nishitokyo-shi
Tokyo 202-8585, Japan
Office Phone: 042-468-3145

(University of Tokyo, Professor Emeritus)
http://www.acmuller.net

Twitter: @ACharlesMuller

Home | Main Index | Thread Index