[tlug] [greeting] How to Get Started & When Is Next Meeting

Hello and nice to e-meet you all,

I've found TLUG here through the document "How To Become A Hacker - Eric S. Raymond" , which was mentioned in the book "Hackers & Painters by Paul Graham".

I'm a newbie to the open-source Unixes, and following the advice in the above document that firstly you should go ask your local LUG community for suggestions on getting into the Linux world.

My environment is Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid2014)
with Processor 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

My motivation to use Linux is to read its good codes written by great minds(coders). Learning by reading and playing around first, and hopefully gradually I can start to make contributions.

I have an eagle-view grasp about programming in general.

What would you advise your kid if he/she was in my shoes?

At last, sadly I just missed last Virtual Nomikai you held on February 11. I wonder if you have any fixed schedule as of the next meetup opportunity?

Best regards,
Tak

/ Takuzen Toh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index