Re: [tlug] Email forwarding

On 2022-01-29 19:44 , Josh Glover wrote:
How in the world does email forwarding work? I recently pointed my domain MX records away from a friend's mailserver and onto my own ramshackle setup, [1] which forwards my email to a Gmail address.

Instead of forwarding the email to Gmail, have you considered delivering it to a POP3/IMAP server and having Gmail fetch it from there? I use that method precisely to avoid the pain of forwarding in the modern world. (Admittedly, it does add minutes of latency and requires a different setup.)
--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Ito, Shizuoka     GPG: 0x01159DB6
TLUG:      https://TLUG.jp

Home | Main Index | Thread Index