Re: [tlug] vi weird when I ssh to one machine

On 8/2/21 3:18 pm, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
I think it's more subtle than a missing termcap.  As the fragment
component of the URL you provide[1] indicates, you're likely to be
unable to open the remote shell at all, or get an error message in the
case of a missing termcap.  But Darren didn't report either of those,
so apparently the remote does have a termcap it's using.

What I suspect may be happening with Darren is either an insanely
overaggressive remote default for TERM,

I have had issues using the alacritty terminal which sets term to its custom alacritty terminfo which is not installed by default on a lot of servers. It generally worked but that seemed to be because it is a modified version of xterm which was what the remote server defaulted to. Installing the terminfo file fix it.

Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index