Re: [tlug] So-called "locale" problems in Thunderbird

> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LANGUAGE=en
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC=en_DK.UTF-8
> LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8
> How do I find out how to change these settings?
See https://jdhao.github.io/2019/09/27/linux_locale_settings/

For /etc/default/locale I see:

#  File generated by update-locale
LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="en_GB:en"

Looking at `man update-locale` it sounds like that might be what you
want? E.g. remove the en_DK references, and then try (not tested):

  update-locale LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8

to just be in Denmark for datestamps?

> Meanwhile I have some arcane questions about HTTP, and wonder if there
> are any experts here? For a taste, loading a page from the site
> https://www.yanoman.com into a browser (Firefox, Chromium, I have tried
> works, but "wget https://www.yanoman.com"; produces  ERROR 500: Internal
> Server Error. Is there any way this could genuinely be a server error?

You'll want to know what headers are being passed around, and what
redirects are happening. (Adding the trailing slash would be the first
thing I'd try.)

See the developer tools (F12, then network tab) in Firefox.
And add `-S` to your wget line to print the headers sent by HTTP servers.

Darren

Home | Main Index | Thread Index