Re: [tlug] Japan has just passed Worker Cooperatives Act

Thank you for your interest!

Me, too - I switched from NixOS to Guix since about 2, 3 months ago and don't regret it at all! ๐Ÿ˜„

NixOS is great but it is so cryptic...  Guix seems much cleaner!

Regarding the worker cooperative, I am pretty sure there are many companies in Japan with in-house software suite that as been built over the years and is ripe for replacement whenever a department gets enough mandate and budget to hire a contractor to do so - and to be that contractor is my initial idea ๐Ÿ˜„

The requirement for the prospective worker cooperator who will get one vote in the one-person-one-vote system, would be that the worker finds such pleasure and excitement in doing the kind of non-sexy IT work that no one else would be interested in (like dealing with legacy code in some weird language and DSL that no one understands, translating it to the language of choice by the customer, say Java) ๐Ÿ˜„

Cheers,
Yasu

> On Dec 4, 2020, at 23:23, elaexuotee <elaexuotee@example.com> wrote:
>
> ๏ปฟOkay, you have my full attention. What do you have in mind, exactly? I just migrated to Guix as daily driver about a month ago. Would be keen on collaborating with like-minded geeks.
>
>> On 2020ๅนด12ๆœˆ4ๆ—ฅ 18:31:37 JST, Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@example.com> wrote:
>> Forwarding ๐Ÿ˜„
>> https://jwcu.coop/en/2019/01/20/special/
>> I am thinking of starting a software vendor worker coop that (at least
>> initially) specializes in replacing creaking age old enterprise
>> software, with pay that is on par with or better than any corporate
>> job.  I hope to be able to use the tools that have become my favorite -
>> GNU Guix (for the packaging and OS) and Racket! (for source-to-source
>> program conversion) ๐Ÿ˜„
>> Cheers,
>> Yasu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index