Re: [tlug] Yahoogroups replacement

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 23:09, Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com> wrote:

> On 30/11/2020 14.12, Jim Breen wrote:> probably know, the venerable
> Yahoo Groups service is vanishing in a> couple of weeks. I've run a
> couple of mailing lists via that service> for many years, and I'm
> looking for a new home.
> I am a member of a number of ham radio lists that transitioned from
> Yahoo Groups to https://Groups.io quite successfully. They offer both
> free and premium services. (For a while, they were even willing to
> import your old Yahoo archives.)

Thanks to all who responded.

I found out eventually (with a little help from my friends) that
Google Groups does have the option of turning on "reply to group
members". The option is normally hidden (grrrr); you have turn on an
"Advanced Options" button at the top of the group control panel then
scroll way down umpteen pages to find than some extra choices have
arrived. (I wonder what smart-arsed dweeb decided that was good form
design?)

Thanks again.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index