[tlug] Yahoogroups replacement

Greetings,

I'm hoping the wise TLUG people have some good suggestions. As you
probably know, the venerable Yahoo Groups service is vanishing in a
couple of weeks. I've run a couple of mailing lists via that service
for many years, and I'm looking for a new home.

I thought I'd try Google Groups as an alternative. It's fine up to a
point, however a sticking point is that if anyone simply replies to an
email, that reply goes by the default to the oginal sender. You have
to choose "Reply All" (Gmail), Reply List (Thunderbird), etc. to get
it to go to the whole list. It seems that with Google the only way to
get the list name into a "Reply-to:" header is to use the commercial
version, Google Workplace, which starts at about $100 per year per
user. While I could live with that (only one "user" is needed) it
would be nice to use a free service without that restriction.

Any suggestions? Or has the whole world become too business-oriented?

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index