Re: [tlug] Shopping for a new router

On 20/11/20 2:05 pm, Andreas Kieckens wrote:
The wifi router I have at home is on it's last leg and I'm looking to replace it. I don't really need anything fancy. As long as I can make a PPPoE connection to my ISP and provide my home with wifi at decent speeds I'm happy.

I'm tempted to just get this one but thought I'd ask TLUG's opinion first.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07JHBBW9H

Anyone got any good router recommendations?

The last consumer grade router that worked OK for me was RT-AC87U but the WiFi was still bad when accessing from the other end of the house so I replaced with a Linux machine and 3 UniFi APs which has worked flawlessly for me.

Edward

Home | Main Index | Thread Index