Re: [tlug] Shopping for a new router

On Fri, 2020-11-20 at 14:05 +0900, Andreas Kieckens wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The wifi router I have at home is on it's last leg and I'm looking to
> replace it. I don't really need anything fancy. As long as I can make a
> PPPoE connection to my ISP and provide my home with wifi at decent
> speeds I'm happy.
>
> I'm tempted to just get this one but thought I'd ask TLUG's opinion first.
>
> https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07JHBBW9H

I just got this one:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0813GJVYK

It's pretty good, I guess, but I'm really, really disappointed in the
speeds I get in this building with NTT Flets, theoretical maximum speed
of 100 Mbps. It's a 14 floor マンション with 5 apartments on each floor. At
busy times, I get between 3 and 5 Mbps down, and 50 Mbps up. When it's
not busy, I can get between 30 and 50 Mbps down and 85 up. I guess it's
not the router's fault, but it's hard to evaluate the router and ignore
the confounding of the internet speed in the building.

--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician (ret.)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index