Re: [tlug] Introduction to (Tech) Worker Cooperatives, 09:00AM on Sunday, July 12th JST

Agreed, but you also need to diminish the profit motive.

A cooperative with a profit maximisation objective will still have its priorities wrong, even with democratic shareholder voting.

Thank you for this comment - yes, this just clarified something.   This relates to my lesson of the day (I am following some popular 'spiritual' course) which went something like to be rich is to give.

It could be the transition from Capitalism to something else will coincide with the radical change in value system - the logic of having more stuff is in serious trouble, because in the capitalist system, it is often a reflection of some horrible exploitation...

Anyway, none of this will matter much when I 'die'  - it is remarkable that we only have something like 365 * 100  days in our lifetime, a number so small and insignificant for computers 😄