Re: [tlug] GW projects

On 2020-05-03 20:41 +0800 (Sun), Raymond Wan wrote:

> No one here uses masks properly to protect themselves.  In theory,
> once you touch your mask with unclean hands, you should discard it.
> But people slip them off and on to eat, drink, smoke, etc. To
> protect yourself with masks, you probably need to go through a few
> in a day....

Well, "protect" isn't an on-off thing.

> I think a more interesting point is their effectiveness when the
> supply is limited.

Overall, given a limited supply of masks, we're probably much better
off with extensive mask re-use than with trying to use them "properly."

On 2020-05-03 14:29 -0400 (Sun), Scott Robbins wrote:

> Well, here in the US, the country that elected Trump, people are
> responding as he would, threatening store employees who ask that
> they wear masks.

Right. If that's weird to you, you don't properly understand Freedom.

It works like this:
1. When I'm on your premises, you cannot make me wear a mask, leave
   behind my firearm, or do anything else that limits my Freedom.
2. When you come on to my premises, I am allowed to shoot you for any
   reason because disallowing this would limit my Freedom.

Remember, Freedom is all about me, not about you. Get with the
American programme!

> At this point, I wish all these people protesting staying home and
> mask wearing would have to spend a night in the ICU to see what they
> can do to people.

Or perhaps just read this:
  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/magazine/coronavirus-er-doctor-diary-new-york-city.html

cjs