Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 20.04 (Was: Ubuntu 18.04 - changing grub parameters)

On 4/29/20 10:11 AM, Jim Breen wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 21:36, Schwartz, Fernando G. | @SCA
<fgs@example.com> wrote:
Few things I hold certain in this life, one of them is between major
releases such as this, you start from scratch. I mean, I create a new "
GPT " disk table (can't remember is you're dual-booting here). Worth
every second of time for long-term new installs.

So I did a complete fresh install of 20.04, wiping the disk as I went.
All seems OK - the keyboard is fine, no sign the graphics card is
causing a problem, suspend is working, so touch wood I'll be in a
position to move stuff over to it.

It's all looking quite good. My only gripe, and it's not a huge one,
is that the version of Gnome Classic available lacks the ability to
put launchers in the top panel. It's quite a nuisance, to the extent
that I might move back to the default desktop if I can't find a
suitable workaround.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Enjoy the new system. Hopefully it will serve you well for many happy years to come.

Cheers everybody! フェルナンド