Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers

On 3/26/19 11:18 AM, Christian Horn wrote:

I run my own mailserver, and I can relate to Curts comment.
Setting up the new and fancy DNS things is required so the big
mail hosters like gmail keep talking with the own hosted mail
server.
At least I am also hosting the DNS service for myself, so I do
not need to be worried whether the webinterface of the service
provider doing DNS for me supports DKIM records and so on.

As for spam, graylisting still works quite nicely for me, but
I have to live with the initial mail being delayed.

No, really.  It is super easy now.  At least with mailcow, it generates the ARC/DKIM keys you need for each domain and instructs on what you should set up in your dns (DMARC, DKIM, SPF, TLSA (if your dns provider supports that one, mine doesn't), etc).  Then it polls the dns and shows you what is set up correctly and what isn't.

And greylisting is great.  But then again, I also screen calls.  It is a lifestyle.

Stephen