Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 19:49, Andreas Kieckens <adgkieckens@example.com> wrote:
> I was going to use GSuite to set up our @drakon-prizrak.com e-mail
> addresses which I expected to be 600 yen per month. Now that I've set it
> up, I see that it's actually 600 yen per month per user. There's 4 of us
> so that amounts to 2400 yen per month or 24 000 yen per year with the
> annual package discount.
>
> That's a little steep, especially since we don't need all the other
> features GSuite comes with (drive, calendar, docs, etc.). All I really
> need is 4 e-mail addresses and then another contact@example.com
> address that will be forwarded to each of our accounts.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for e-mail providers that are cheaper
> than GSuite?

My rowing club in Melbourne uses (now) GSuite for email, etc. We have just one
paid address. In fact we can set up all sorts of other addresses using the
"groups" facility. As well as memberships, etc. we have single-member groups
like "secretary@...", treasurer@..", etc. which are effectively
separate memberships.

HTH

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University