Re: [tlug] Dang I hate MS.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 5:38 AM steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> Anyway, the latest windows update 'fixed' the bios so the default boot
> os was windows.

It's the old theme, 「IE browser by default」...
I always keep a SysRescueCD to "help" (after) Windoze updates.
My Toshiba laptops do not have menu in setup for OS order, I need to
use `efibootmgr` after such issues.

And once I managed to bork one (I think it was R732) in a way that it
would not write any settings from setup, without error - you can setup
everything, save, reboot and it is reset to some (not the factory)
state.
Luckily that one was with extended 3-year warranty and Toshiba support
changed the motherboard apparently (MACs were different).
I assume that was bug in efibootmgr (circa 2014?) or flaky flash with
too many overwrites :-D

Cheers,
Kalin.