Re: [tlug] True Gigabit ISP in Tokyo?

On 2019-02-15 10:15 +0100 (Fri), Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

> I often use Netgear GS105Ev2 with a configured mirror port (I keep all
> my switches with the last port configured as mirror to all the rest).

These are brilliant little switches by the way, with a reasonably full
management suite (the same as the low-end 24-port switches I used to
use in data centers), and cheap (like ¥4000 cheap). I cannot recommend
them enough.

I have one myself that I originally bought for situations when I need
multiple physical Ethernet ports attached to a PC or laptop with only
one Ethernet port. (Just set up four untagged ports on separate VLANs
to bridge to a single tagged port and Linux will happily sort that out
into four separate logical Ethernet interfaces.)

If anybody needs to borrow it for a week to sort stuff like this out,
I'm not using it at the moment and would be happy to lend it.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.