Re: [tlug] True Gigabit ISP in Tokyo?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 9:23 AM Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Softbank fixed this problem by, instead of sending IPv4 packets over
> PPPoE, encapsulating them in IPv6 packets and sending them over the
> IPv6-over-Ethernet connection. Works great, but of course you need a
> router than knows how to do that sort of encapsulation and is
> configured to do so. From the thread you linked, it sounds like what
> they're doing is standard enough that you could convince another
> device to do this, perhaps even a Linux box.

So the next logical request is to find someone with the said SoftBank
box, plug a mirroring switch between it and the wall and have a pcap
dump of the traffic from power on.
I often use Netgear GS105Ev2 with a configured mirror port (I keep all
my switches with the last port configured as mirror to all the rest).

Cheers,
Kalin.