[tlug] Common bus over devices

Christian Horn writes:

 > Has anybody looked deeper into this kind of sync?

I don't use it because I don't want anything I do in Apple's cloud
:-), but it sounds like this is the kind of functionality that Apple's
"Handoff" feature provides.

 > Is there consens about rather a shared filesystem being used for
 > this, or some webservice implementing a messenging system?

I don't see how this can be done without communication among the apps.
I'm not sure why you would want to implement that communication in a
filesystem, rather than in the streaming service.  Among other things,
I think it would be more robust to use a position index other than
bytes (eg, MPEG stream + frame).

Steve