[tlug] GTK apps not working with fcitx-mozc and one solution

A while back, I'd mentioned an issue I'd had with FreeBSD, either 10.x or
11.x, not working with Firefox unless I ran LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8.
(Generally my default is en_US.UTF-8). No one had a solution and the
problem fixed itself at some point.

Anyway, I have, in the interim, found that sometimes, extra steps are
required for any system using fcitx-mozc. This hasn't been consistent
across, or even within distributions, but if someone comes across the
problem, perhaps a google search will find it.

I've also added it to my Japanese input page, http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html

In many cases, you may have to make sure that fcitx-gtk, fcitx-gtk2, and/or
fcitx-gtk3 are installed. This varies between distribution, both names and
availabilty.

In some distributions, you may also have to run:

sudo gtk-query-immodules-2.0 --update-cache
sudo gtk-query-immodules-3.0 --update-cache

In other cases, again depending upon system and distribution, you can get
it working with GTK apps by changing your .bashrc, xinitrc or whatver you
use from GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx to GTK_IM_MODULE=xim.

Much of this was found on the ArchLinux wiki, but as I'd run into the
problem and posted here, figured it was worth following up.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6