Re: [tlug] Chrome ate my profile

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2018-03-17 01:29 +0900 (Sat), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > Right. Actually, I had assumed you had a different use case, so was
 > just warning the other guy.

And well you should do so.  I'm fsckin' crazy!

 > However, I also agree with you that they ought to be fixed. There's an
 > easier way to do it though. (Or at least, I think it's easier, if I
 > understand correctly what you're doing.)

I don't understand how it can be easier than save, fix, save (look ma,
no explicit git here!)

 > Every time you see something like this that needs to be fixed, just
 > fix it and commit it as a separate commit. You can do this via `git
 > add -p` to add and commit bits of your changes, or just `stash save`,
 > fix, commit and `stash pop`. Eventually you'll have a bunch of these
 > in your unpushed history.

Sounds exactly like what I do have except that I never need to invoke
git explicitly for this functionality, and it's never on a branch that
I might push.  Because then, as you say:

 > Then you call on your bestest friend ever and forever, `git rebase
 > --interactive`.

The cost is that if you want to steal my code as is, you need to use
Emacs, which is a bridge too far for many.  I'm sure there are other
programmable editors that could implement this easily, too, but I
don't have code for them.

Steve