Re: [tlug] Chrome ate my profile

On 03/11/2018 10:14 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Is it open source?  If not, no thanks.  Altogether too many recent
scandals where vendors who are supposed to be putting security first
are actually selling slick UIs with security holes.

Don't use "Chrome" package then. That package contains code only Google controls.

I second despising the outrageous model Google succeeded implementing. Once I realized I purchased Google the hardware for them to basically track me as much as possible, not only I zeroed my own as well as my immediate relatives.

Google is in the business of predicting the future. Once they put that many devices on every pocket and process that data as quickly as possible, they'll be able to predict the near future indeed. Not to mention the byproduct of that processed data they can sell to the highest bidder. Or worse, be forced to release to out-of-control government.

If only the Linux community could be a little more competent! フェルナンド