Re: [tlug] March 10, 2018 Technical Meeting

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 05:18:12PM -0300, Schwartz, Fernando G. wrote:
> On 03/10/2018 08:45 AM, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> > Audio (and low resolution video) from the March Tech Meeting is
> > available at:

Thanks all, for making yesterdays event possible!

We had many topics/wishes for presentations, let me offer to present
on something:

- showing my desktop work environment
- looking over the services I run on my dedicated server (mostly to
  understand the technology better, and to have data in my own hands).
  Briefly mentioning these might get people interested in running
  services on their own - and others might give me new hints on
  configuring things better.  Depending on interest, we could look
  more detailed at the configuration of the service.
  The services are: bind (customized zone entries so my system is
  considered by other systems as authorized for my DNS domain),
  nginx/php, postfix with graylisting
- tiny tiny rss for news reading, on the browser or android app.
  syncthing for file syncing across some systems.
- I can introduce the various projects I use to publish content,
  each having its own strong points:
  dokuwiki and asciidoc for mostly text, fgallery and 'album' for
  having pictures available on the internet.
  2 performance monitoring systems can be looked at, monitorix and
  prometheus/grafana.
  I use letsencrypt, could also be looked at.

I think above should be offered all together, and then we could
directly decide which parts are interesting for the audience and
where we could look deeper into.

Chris