[tlug] Modern IME

Hello! I am setting up a new machine for the first time in nearly a
decade. My 2008 machine uses uim and Anthy to provide Japanese support.
But after a few Google searches i have the impression that the uim-anthy
combination isn't really recommended any more, due to lack of ongoing
development. What is the most modern or recommended IME today? I think
the last time this issue was brought up, IBus framework with Mozc IME
was recommended; is that still a good choice?

I use Debian Linux without a desktop environment, just a plain window
manager (AfterStep). The only languages i type are English and Japanese.

__
Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services | Drake University
T: +1-515-271-4540
W: http://its.drake.edu/