Re: [tlug] Akihabara electronics suggestions?

Hi Benjamin,

This is great question for me to answer.
I am over 40 now but I took 2 hours train ride from Kanagawa-ken
to buy electronic components at Akihabara when I was
high school kid.

This is the shortest path to visit all the good stores
of electronic component, soldering equipment, breadboards,
resistors, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.

First:
Akizukidenshi, the cheapest new components in Akihabara.
http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/default.aspx
Location of the store.
http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/contents2/akiba.aspx

The issue is that this store is the most popular in Akihabara for
electronic components, so if you have already some part would like
to buy, it is not easy to find it inside the store, so it is
good to print out the page of the components and ask the shopper.

Second:
Sengokudensyo, the price is higher than Akizuki but have wider selection.
Akizuki only have the components which they could have cheap price,
but Sengoku is competing with having more selection but not the price.
http://www.sengoku.co.jp/
Location of the store.
https://www.sengoku.co.jp/shop_01.html

The issue is that this store have expanded in years and the electronic
components and soldering equipments are scattered among few stores,
but they are all in the same street, so please ask the shopper if
which store has the thing you would like to see.

Third:
Marutsu, this store is relatively new in Akihabara, but decoration of inside
the store is clean, like more modern store.
The selection of the parts is probably the best. The price is about the
same of Sengoku. Recently I go to Akizuki first because of the price
and if they do not have it, go to Marutsu and still can not find it or
do not like the price I go to Sengoku.
https://www.marutsu.co.jp/
Two location in Akihabara.
https://www.marutsu.co.jp/pc/static/shop/akihabara2go
This is on the same road of Akizuki and Sengoku, so you could
visit easily but do not have all the components.
https://www.marutsu.co.jp/pc/static/shop/akihabara
This is the main location of the store with all the components,
they have second floor too so do not miss it.

Other:
The store started by selling junk parts from U.S.military surplus.
Radio Store
http://www.tokyoradiodepart.co.jp/
Location
http://www.tokyoradiodepart.co.jp/access.html#accessMap

Radio Center
http://www.radiocenter.jp/
Location
http://www.radiocenter.jp/map/

These are buildings with many small shops inside. Not individual shops
like above.
The issue is that
these store were the founder of making Akihabara as electronic town
but the owner are getting old and when they retire, the shops
closes. It is sad but crude reality. I saw many good shops closing.

Radio Kaikan used to be the most popular building but I do not see
any electronic shops anymore.

Radio Center closed, I some time recently.

New Akihabara Center are getting empty but still has some left.

Hope this helps. :)

Akira

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:51:24 +0800
Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> mentioned: