Re: [tlug] City of Munich switches from Linux to Windows

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 10:16:45AM +0100, Christian Horn wrote:
> - One of the technical comments which are around are that the pro-
>   ject tried to much, in creating an own debian based distro.

I cannot fathom why anybody thought this was a viable idea. RHEL and SEL
exist for a reason; the overhead of developing and maintaining custom
distro derivates, especially on a base as diverse as Debian where some
packages or subsystems are of wildly varying quality (Lua support in the
current Stable release is especially bad) and lack an enterprise QA
process is staggering.