Re: [tlug] Akihabara, used/refurbished Mac laptops?

On Nov 9, 2017, at 09:00, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

Sofmap and other major shops also sell on-line, so if you know the
models well and are comfortable with not physically handling one
before you buy it, that could save you a trip. Even if not, checking
online first is a good way to research models and prices.

The second hand stock Sofmap show online does not seem to be in line with what you will see in their stores. There is a large second hand Mac section in the Sofmap store on Komazawa-dori not far from Mister Donuts. Another one is down the little road when you come out of the JR station at the Mansei-bashi exit, with a Becker's Burger on the left side.

In my experience they have plenty more choice in those two shops than they list in their online store. Also, I remember that I was looking online for a machine with an English keyboard and they had none listed, but there were several ones with English keyboards in those two stores.

So depending on what you are looking for it may still be better to actually visit the stores.

regards
benjamin