Re: [tlug] Recommendation on watching European/American/Independent movies/TV programs in Japan?

> My wife wants to know how to watch
> European/American/Australian/International/Independent movies/TV programs in
> Japan in a “legit” way while willing to pay whatever the enterprise for the
> “rent” they seek.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

And that was just staying within the U.S. :-)

I think the legit version of the service you want is impossible. There
are way too many vested interests in distributing media based on
geographical regions.

How is Amazon Prime video in Japan? The UK version seems very U.S.
centric to me, and at least the Amazon own content appears to be getting
released at the same time. There are also lots of "featured channels"
(which require an extra subscription) that cover foreign movies and
special interests.

(I've been using an ipad; just tried in Linux Firefox and got told I'm
missing a "digital rights component", which makes it sound like it is
doable - the same thing Raymond mentioned for Netflix.)

Darren