Re: [tlug] Recommendations for a small, cheap laptop / netbook for travel with a Japanese keyboard

Not the cheapest, but for the last few (7?) years I have been abusing
Toshiba machines in RZ or RX series (16/32MB RAM and SSD) for forensic
work, and the last 2 models fit what you describe may be. Currently
using RZ73/VB that I got for 9man last Christmas from
toshibadirect.com . Slightly older models are available second hand
for 2-5man in Akihabara.

The only issues I've ran into are pesky Windows trying to take over
the bootloader/EFI bootorder (I kept it and use it like once in few
months) :-D And it gets too loud when I churn numbers in a hot room.

Cheers,
Kalin.